COVID 19 Update from Ramsay Pharmacy
At Ramsay Pharmacy we are dedicated to providing you with exceptional care and expert advice. In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to keep you informed of the additional operational measures we are taking to continue providing Better Care for you and our local communities.
Increased hygiene in store
Our pharmacy team already follow rigorous daily hygiene and cleaning processes. We have put in place additional steps to help protect you, our customer and our team. These include increasing the cleaning and disinfecting of high use areas within the pharmacy such as counters, ,removal of all product testers as well as pens, as we can assist in receipting your prescriptions, and increasing the frequency of hand sanitising and good hand hygiene practices amongst our team. Where possible, we ask that you pay via card to reduce the handling of cash.
Our Pharmacy team will continue to provide professional advice and essential services. This includes Influenza vaccinations, starting from the 30thof March 2020. Bookings are available online and in-store. In the short term, we will cease non-essential services, such as in store beauty services for your protection. If you have a pre-existing booking, our team will be in touch.
Prescriptions and health products
We are working closely with our suppliers to meet the increased demand for health products and medications but may experience shortages. We apologise for any inconvenience and will continue to work with our partners to maintain supply of the health products and medications you require. Talk to your Ramsay Pharmacist for any questions you have regarding the supply of these products.
To reduce your waiting time in store, we recommend ordering your prescriptions in advance by:
- Downloading the MedAdvisor App to order your medications and healthcare products on your smartphone, tablet or PC. Our friendly team can assist in setting this up if you don’t already have the app.
- Phoning or emailing ahead. If you keep your prescriptions with us, call or email ahead so we can organise to refill your prescriptionand be ready to collect or deliver to you. (Delivery available at selected stores). If there are any issues regarding supply and availability of your medication a team member will be in touch.
How you can help
As we have heard from the Australian Government Department of Health and the Chief Medical Officer, everyone must practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading. Good hygiene includes:
- covering your face when you cough
- sneezing into your elbow or a tissue to then discard in a bin
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after using the bathroom
- using alcohol-based hand sanitisers;
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- if you are sick, avoiding contact with others
- practice social-distancing wherever possible by being 1.5 metres away from another person.
We thank you for your patience in this unprecedented time and as always, please chat with your pharmacy team for expert advice for your individual health care needs.
Limits on essential medicines
We would like to advise that from the 20th March 2020, the Australian Government has placed limits on the quantity of some essential medicines pharmacies can supply as prescription or over-the-counter medication. The limits concern:
• ONE MONTH’s supply for certain essential prescription medicines.
• ONE PACK of some essential over-the-counter medicines
Chat with our friendly team about the medicines that have been listed as essential. Pharmacists must now label all asthma reliever inhalers e.g. Ventolin™, Asmol™
Thank you for your understanding and support so we ensure equitable access of medicines to all our customers. Our team is here to care for you and deliver Better Care. If you have any questions please talk to one of our team members.
Find your nearest store